GIGANTIC polymorha!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my S. polymorpha just passed the 6" barrier! I have never seen a polymorpha so big! most of mine are just barely 5". but this guy is 6"+!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea, I'd like to see a picture of that. The wild ones I've come across have mostly been around the 3" range. To turn over a rock and see one that big,.. what a rush!

The Bear

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pandinus said:
my S. polymorpha just passed the 6" barrier! I have never seen a polymorpha so big! most of mine are just barely 5". but this guy is 6"+!
Come on Pandinus, You cant post something like that without a picture :rolleyes: . My imaginations not that great :wall:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The Bear said:
Come on Pandinus, You cant post something like that without a picture :rolleyes: . My imaginations not that great :wall:
until pandinus can take some pics, here is a BLURRY pic of a ~6.5"BL S. polymorpha... although, when she stetches out sometimes she passes the 7" mark, i think.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been wondering ymself actually if there were not two different forms as far as size goes for Scolopendra polymorpha. My reasoning being that I've heard of females at the 4inch mark having eggs. Maybe this species just is able to breed at a very young age?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Centipedes continue to molt after reaching maturity, so there's definately the opprotunity to grow.

Wade

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That would explain why there is such a range of size in mature S. polymorpha.