giant orb weaver hypothetical situation

so do you:

• send out a command to eliminate all giant orb weavers killing soldies in the prosse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • start a relocation project BUT allow citizens to die because of how long relocation takes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kill al spiders but colect some live specimines killing researchers and soldiers in the prosses

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • just leave them be allowing citizens to die

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
i was wathcing someone play the spider level on Earth Defense Force 4.1 and this posed an intresting hypothetical situation: you are in charge of the united states military and suddenly orb weavers that are about the size of houses suddenly start to appear and build webs between buildings. seeing that the only apropriate prey for them are full blown animals meaning humans being animals and hevaly populateing the areas the spiders are createing webs this makes humans one of the best options for food you now need to make a decicion on how to deal with this problem

The wolf

Arachnolord
EDUCATION
Tell people not to jump in massive spider webs otherwise you'll be ok orb weavers can't hunt without a web so just avoid MMs and then you'll be fine also start farming the silk for ropes and stuff

Also millions of reasons this wouldn't work from evolutionary disadvantages to the problem of moulting,exoskeleton stability to oxygen intake

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Orb weavers present virtually zero hazard to animals that don't fly. Last I checked humans don't have wings. So add to your poll: Educate people and they will learn to live amicably with the spiders.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Just for fun I’d load up some of my guns and see how big of a mess I could create. I would then call for a cease fire once the giant beast goes lifeless.

I then would run up to the spider, take out my hunting knife, and detach the fangs from the spider. After this I would run home, make a smoothie with the fangs along with fruit to add flavor. I would then eat the concoction. Hopefully after this I would have the ability to shoot webs from my wrists, jump from building to building, and fight crime.

The end.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Start a human farm creating a cult worshipping a giant spider which I shall call Shelob and sacrifice humans to said spider appeasing it to save my own skin.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
okay ill admit orb weaver is a bad choice for this situation so how bout we change it... say there wolf spiders instead of orb weavers what do you do now?