Giant Leaf Bugs - Are they illegal?

jjackson

Arachnopeon
I live in California and I'm looking into getting a giant leaf bug, specifically Phyllium giganteum. I know females are asexual and their eggs hatch without a male and that's why they are detrimental to an ecosystem they're not native to, but I've also heard that each district/county is different or more lenient than others. Anyways, I'd like to know if all of California is lenient with stick insects, if North Cal and South Cal have different views, or if each district/county have separate opinions.
If anyone needs my district or county i will gladly privately message you.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
All non-native Phasmids are illegal in the US. That being said they can be found being sold in the US online and at shows, even some big dealer websites sell them openly. So apparently it's not really enforced. I leave it up to you as to what you want to do with this info.

jjackson

Arachnopeon
All non-native Phasmids are illegal in the US. That being said they can be found being sold in the US online and at shows, even some big dealer websites sell them openly. So apparently it's not really enforced. I leave it up to you as to what you want to do with this info.
is it possible for me to get a permit or are they just completely illegal

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's illegal throughout the US and I'd assume they'd really be against it in California since they have enough issues with invasives (including one or two non-native phasmids that have become established).