Giant Centipede

Pinchednerve

Arachnosquire
Hello,
I'm in search of a giant centipede. S. Gigantia would be my first choice but any XXL Centipede would work. if you can help please let me know
thanks ~Jack

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
Better off posted in the Myriapods section, what are your qualifications for “XXL?” as far as i know there’s not an official size index lol.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
At that point you’d be looking at any of the South American giants (“gigantea”, “galapagoensis”, “robusta”), who all get above that size consistently. Those are in quotes because the taxonomy behind them is a mess, nothing is what anybody says it is. Besides the point however, Overboard Aquatics seems to have them, and the Classifieds on here are a good resource. Stay far, far away from Underground Reptiles though. And as always, do your research! I have no experience but I could name a couple people here who keep/have kept S. sp. “gigantea”, so head on over to the Myriapod subforum with any questions you’d have! Also, as far as pedes go SA giants are among the most expensive

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Gigantea, galaps and robusta are each going to run you a couple hundred dollars. They're sort of luxury items in the pede hobby. If you were looking for something less expense but that still gets to a pretty respectable size then I'd say look at dehaani or heros. 7-8 inches looks massive in person.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Message me, I could lead you to some potential people who have these big species.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Austin Spears has the three most common SA giants and angulata for pre order at a great price.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
But this post should be in the classifieds or if it was less purchase related the myriapods subforum.

Pinchednerve

Arachnosquire
At that point you’d be looking at any of the South American giants (“gigantea”, “galapagoensis”, “robusta”), who all get above that size consistently. Those are in quotes because the taxonomy behind them is a mess, nothing is what anybody says it is. Besides the point however, Overboard Aquatics seems to have them, and the Classifieds on here are a good resource. Stay far, far away from Underground Reptiles though. And as always, do your research! I have no experience but I could name a couple people here who keep/have kept S. sp. “gigantea”, so head on over to the Myriapod subforum with any questions you’d have! Also, as far as pedes go SA giants are among the most expensive
thank you for the help very much~Jack