Giant African Millipede Feeding Habits

jfbynum

Arachnopeon
Hey there everyone! I've had my giant millipedes for a while, but recently there's been a change in one's feeding habits. I have one in particular who NEVER leaves their food bowl/area and is constantly eating. Is this normal? Should I limit how much I feed them like fish?

Also, this has been a thing since I first received them, but they only seem to like lettuce. I've tried just about everything, even buying things I don't normally eat specifically for them, and they'll kind of much maybe a little but don't generally eat anything besides lettuce. Is there anything I can do to help remedy this/any recommendations for others' picky eaters? Thanks in advance!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
How long have you had them and how old are they?

Mine especially like sweet corn cooked and cut from the cob and cucumbers, melon and squash.

jfbynum

Arachnopeon
How long have you had them and how old are they?

Mine especially like sweet corn cooked and cut from the cob and cucumbers, melon and squash.
I've had them for ~10 months, and they are of varying ages; not sure exact ages since I got them when they were a little older. The one that is eating tons is about 6" long, and I have one that is about 7" and my third is about 9". Sorry that that's all the info I have about them :shy:

I'll try some corn and squash next, I've already tried cucumbers and melons and they won't eat it!

jfbynum

Arachnopeon
Update on this situation: I fed them a variety of fruits and veggies, along with their usual lettuce, and they only ate the lettuce that wasn't touching any of the other foods. Now I really don't know what to do!