1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the boot.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Czalz, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Czalz

Czalz Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    Many times after typing a message, and clicking submit, the site says that I'm not logged in (though I am),my message is lost, and I have to log in again.

2. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Are you by any chance an AOL user? Do you have the "remember me" box checked off when you login? If you do not have it checked off, please make sure that it is checked and try again. It used to be on by default, but that is no longer the case. If you use aol or any other ISP that may change your IP address on you in mid click, then you will have this problem if the remember me box is not checked.

3. when i log in, right away after the page loads it says im viewing the forum as a guest, and i need to log in multiple times until it finally logs me in. ive checked the remember me box off a few times now. also, i use the site on aol as well as internet explorer and it does the same on both. is this the same case?

4. Arachnopets

NY
    Does the remember me box stay checked when you come back to the site after logging out? Have you ever had the "guest" problem right after you have clicked the remember me box and logged in?

5. well i click the remember me box whenever i log in just out of habit. i do it with my hotmal and yahoo mail and all those other things. when i come back to log in it isnt checked or anything anymore. it doesnt bother me or affect anything really, but when i log in and have to do it over and over a buncha times its just kinda weird.

6. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

The remember me box is off by default in the newer version. I'll look into it defaulting to on again. You shouldn't be experiencing this problem if you check off the remember me box before logging in....

Sorry for any inconvenience

7. Arachnopets

NY
    The "remember me" box should now be checked off by default again. Hopefully this will alleviate these issues. Please let us know if they reoccur.