Getting new scorp

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey I wasn't really interested on getting any scorps, I only have a Heterometrus longimanus( I had two but now one since there was some cannabalism going on now I know better :rolleyes: ) any ways Scorps facinate me now. They're so cool and well I was thinking of getting a new one. what do you guys think for my second scorp a Opistophthalmus glabifrons ? well any ways have a nice day
geo

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try a Hadrurus spadix a very interesting and active scorp. :)

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I will NOT recommend O. glabifrons. Possibilities for severe envenomation are greater with this species than almost any other, if not all scorpions of the Scorpionidae family. If you are interested in the Opistophthalmus genus, I'll recommend you try another species. O. ecristatus is available on the market, is more aggressive than O. glabifrons and have, in my opinion, better coloration and can be seen much better on the substrate which they seem to prefer (peat, but low humidity levels). O. boehmi's appearance is very similar to O. glabifrons, but they are more difficult to find in the trade. O. walberghii is also an available species in the trade. Often, the scorpion which is being sold under the name O. boehmi or O. walberghii is actually O. glabifrons, so be choosy and ask for pictures if you think about them. There is far less confusion with O. ecristatus and the females, if large and gravid, will attack anything! No, I'm not kidding! My female, yesterday, ate a stag beatle that was larger than both of her pedipalps combined. She's very impressive and appears larger than O. glabifrons (pedipalps are thicker and the scorp's body is wider when compared to a gravid O. glabifrons, which appear to have very elongated bodies).

adios,
edw. :D