Getting my first T

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'd take that bottle cap out, slings that size don't really need a water dish. They might even drown on it. Just spray on the side of the enclosure so it has droplets of water to drink. Enough substrate to dig and, that is pretty much it. I have 1 3/4" (just molted). They're so easy to take care of.
Slings won't drown, they don't even break the surface tension of the water.

Also, spraying is next to useless and just annoys the tarantula.

They don't like walking on sphagnum moss
I use it in any sling enclosure that is too small to fit a water dish or hide, you pipette a few drops of water onto it and they'll drink from it, it also doubles as a hide. Granted, in larger sling enclosures the sling will sometimes just gather it up and dump it somewhere but I leave that up to them.

RonnyT

Arachnosquire
Although they can be kept drier when they have some size on them. As slings they need to constantly be kept slightly moist.

And I hate to ask, but you do have a lid right? Sounds silly but I've seen it before..

Be sure the vent holes aren't bigger than the spiders carapace. For spiders under 1", I use a needle to make ventilation.
Haha, I see you changed kid to lid! Don't worry I do have a secure lid and have made tiny ventilation holes.