1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting 'fatal error' trying to access large threads

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by billopelma, Nov 22, 2005.

1. billopelma

billopelma Arachnolord Old Timer

Advertisement
    When I try to read some large threads, this error comes up in the form of a sort of chart. Is this a limitation imposed by my browser (mozilla)?

Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! in /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_threadedmode.php on line 43
    Call Stack
    # Function Location
    1 {main}() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/showthread.php:0
    2 sort_threaded_posts() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/showthread.php:1271
    3 sort_threaded_posts() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_threadedmode.php:248
    4 sort_threaded_posts() /home/virtual/site83/fst/v

ar/www/html/ab/includes/functions_threadedmode.php:248

2. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Can you give me links to which threads?

Also, under "user cp" in "edit options" what is your "thread display mode" set to? If it's "threaded" can you try "linear" and let me know if you still have the problem?

Thanks

3. billopelma

link to problem

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5939

It was set to 'linear', as i am typing this I opened another window and changed it to 'threaded', no difference.
    I can't recall what others were also doing it, but this one has been consistent.
    Occasionally I also get a blank window. When I tried to find another thread that fails I was unable to locate one any where near this size, 700+ posts.

thanks

4. Arachnopets

NY
    Is anyone else having this problem with viewing the above thread in "linear" mode? I'm not having any problem in "linear" but if I set it to threaded, I get the same error as above....

5. Arachnopets

NY
    okay, so it says "linear" in your user cp options. At the top of this thread, on the right hand side, you should see a box that says "display modes". Please make sure that "linear" is in bold and then click the link to the poecilotheria thread that you posted. Let me know if it still happens. Also, what browser are you using and which style. I have the problem in threaded and hybrid mode, but linear works fine for me....

6. billopelma

Yeah, that fixed it, I was in 'hybrid' mode. Thanks for the quick help.

7. billopelma

mozilla firefox 1.0.6, windows 2000 service pac 4

8. Arachnopets

NY
    Looking into seeing if this can be fixed or not.