Getting back into the hobby.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I got rid of almost my entire collection a while back because my job had me working some wacked out hours and I had classes on top of that. But Im getting another job soon and that will give me so much more free time, so Im getting back into the hobby.I still have a huge female G.rosea from my original collection. I've decided to just to T's this time. No snakes, lizards, or scorpions.

Im meeting with a local keeper on saturday who wants to get rid of some stuff and Im going to shoot him an offer on a few things. Hopefully within a few months I can get my nmbers back up again. I miss my babies and I wish I didnt have to sell them. But oh well, it's time to start over with some new babies!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im just trying to get use to the new forum setup here. I already have a few things picked out for when I order. Right now I have:

0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus irminia
0.1.0 Aphonopelma sp.

Next on the list (Slings!)

0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
0.0.1 Ceratogyrus sp. (Marshalli or brachycephalus)
0.0.1 Brachypelma (Smithi, emelia, or bohemei)

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
I'm pretty sure I bought a couple of your tarantulas, lol. They're doing good, though. Gettin bigger, for sure. Welcome back to the hobby, though man.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
welcome back, Jake...hiatus was on the shorter side though, eh?...under a year?...either that or time flys!

glad to have ya back!

Wiggles92

Arachnopeon
Welcome back.

I myself am just now returning to the hobby, too. You going to hit up the reptile show on Sunday to see what tarantulas they have?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Where is the reptile show at? I use to go to one in Mars, pa. But they shut down I've heard.

---------- Post added 02-25-2012 at 01:12 AM ----------

welcome back, Jake...hiatus was on the shorter side though, eh?...under a year?...either that or time flys!

glad to have ya back!
Yea, under a year but it seems like it's been 3 years. I miss it way too much!

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Welcome back! I did the same thing myself, left and came back.

I'd consider adding the Euthalus sp. red to that list. It's probably going to be my next T.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Picked up a few Ts today! I got:

0.1.0 Eucratoscelus pachypus
0.1.0 Aphonopelma hentzi
0.1.0 Aphonopelma sp."New River"
0.1.0 Brahypelma angustum
1.0.0 Brachypelma albopilosum (Sold as unsexed, but I vent sexed it as a young male)

Got these 5 and their enclosures for 95 bucks!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome back! Man, I can't even imagine having to say goodbye to my collection. I even hung onto 19 spiderlings from a 50/50 loan and my cricket colony still has a high death rate of old age. X-D

Keep us up to date on your new additions and most importantly... PICTURES!! :drool:

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
I believe he is referring to the steel city reptile expo, its at the washington county fairgrounds.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Picked up a few Ts today! I got:

0.1.0 Eucratoscelus pachypus
0.1.0 Aphonopelma hentzi
0.1.0 Aphonopelma sp."New River"
0.1.0 Brahypelma angustum
1.0.0 Brachypelma albopilosum (Sold as unsexed, but I vent sexed it as a young male)

Got these 5 and their enclosures for 95 bucks!
I had a female E.pachypus. Pretty calm for an OW T. Unfortunately I know they don't have a great track record of thriving in captivity.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a female E.pachypus. Pretty calm for an OW T. Unfortunately I know they don't have a great track record of thriving in captivity.
I had one in my old collection that I raised from a young size. I've never had a problem keeping them. What difficulties have you heard of?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I had one in my old collection that I raised from a young size. I've never had a problem keeping them. What difficulties have you heard of?
I had a female, which died in my care, no idea why. I kept it like others had suggested. I did read a while back that they were a bit more difficult to care for in captivity, similar to A.versi slings. I could be wrong. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
Ah that's right. It was a g.pulchra though right? Not pulchripes?
Actually, I only bought the G sp. concepcion and B vagans from you. Regardless, they're cool little guys. The G. sp. concepcion is a little on the skittish/defensive side... S/he gave me a threat posture a week or two when I was tryin to set up a hiding place for her, haha. S/he's about to molt, though. Definitely within the next couple of days. I'm postulating that s/he will be roughly 3 inches after the molt; much bigger than when she first arrived. The B. vagans just molted not too long ago, and s/he is definitely a looker now: jet black legs, red hairy abdomen... Definitely looking good :]