Getting back into scorps

Don&SallysZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,
So I have been out of the hobby for a few years. I am trying to decide which species to start back up with. I think I have narrowed it down to the following

Androctonus bicolor, Androctonus australis, Leiurus quinquestriatus

Out of these three which would you go with?

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bicolor, just they look cooler.

I hope you have a lot of experience with scorpions as well. All of those species are dangerous and I'd not recomend them to a novice keeper. I mention it because I've not seen you around in this part of the website.

lancej

Arachnolord

I hope you have a lot of experience with scorpions as well. All of those species are dangerous and I'd not recomend them to a novice keeper. I mention it because I've not seen you around in this part of the website.
+1, and ditto with the advice.

Don&SallysZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Thanks for the input. Yeah I haven't been active on this side of the forum or never really was. I've kept scorpions on and off for 10yrs. I will say the *hottest* I've kept was Hottentotta judaicus, and never had any problems with anything. But I guess I error on the side of caution and respect the animal(s) I keep. Unlike those kids doing free handling of LQ's on Youtube.

lancej

Arachnolord
I would definitely recommend Androctonus over an LQ then. LQ's tend to be spastic and they are very quick(and quicker to sting).

Don&SallysZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd get all 3 personally, but the A bicolor are pretty awesome.
I was thinking pretty hard about getting all 3 but I think I am going to start with A bicolor mainly for the looks. I am also leaning to getting some hottentotta hottentotta since the whole parthenogenetic thing is interesting.