Genus Theraphosa

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
any updates Tom? how long was the gestation with the last one,,,,i want some slings]
Still a work in progress. It took excatly 7 months from the first time I mated her to the day she layed eggs last time.

Whoah !

nice photo EDED
Thanks, haha;)

Later, Tom

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello hlb118,
This is not T. blondi :).
This is T. apophysis or spec "burgundy"
How can you tell that is is an undescribed Theraphosa spp. from any of the others from the picture of a sling? I'm skeptical and equally curious. Until something is published saying that the "pink-footed" blondi are a distinct species or sub-species, you probably should take what you hear tossed around this site by other hobbyists with a grain of salt. Legitimate taxonomy is a headache in and of itself without word of mouth and rumors.

Last edited:

Dali

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah , in fact she eat all and she are stay hide a long time after.;)

Last edited:

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How can you tell that is is an undescribed Theraphosa spp. from any of the others from the picture of a sling? I'm skeptical and equally curious. Until something is published saying that the "pink-footed" blondi are a distinct species or sub-species, you probably should take what you hear tossed around this site by other hobbyists with a grain of salt. Legitimate taxonomy is a headache in and of itself without word of mouth and rumors.
blondis dont have distinct white feet, apophysis do and blondis dont have spurs apophysis do, and the third undescribed species has pink feet like the apophysis but dont have spurs like the blondi so there is the Qs