Genus Tapinauchenius

B

Boazone

T. Plumipes in Guyana....

Found these in Guyana in a palm tree....There were everywhere...3 or 4 in every tree...

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Tom, good work with the T. purpureus... congrats!

Eric

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius plumipes sling...courtesy of Eric (GoTerps)

Thanks Eric!

Chris

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hamfoto said:
Tapinauchenius plumipes sling...courtesy of Eric (GoTerps)

Thanks Eric!

Chris
Your welcome Chris... and that one is is a pure Trinidad specimen.

Here's a freshly molted female T. eleane.

Eric

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautiful! Even though I'm not fond of super-speedy and aggressive tarantulas, I might have to get one of these sometimes. Their satiny abdomens are quite attractive. Quite fascinating critters.

I hate to show my ignorance here but they look, based on sling and adult pics, a conglomeration of Avicularia and Psalmopoeus. Is this just convergent evolution, or would there perhaps be some basis in this since they seem to be geographic neighbors?

Also, is there any difference in the black-butted slings and the others? Or are those ones that haven't molted yet as of the taking of that picture?

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
i have to echo taceas question about the black abdomens amongst the lighter colored ones. is there a known reason for this? do they turn out slightly different down the road as well?

great pics everyone...and i have to say, eric, congrats on all those sacs! seems like you have as many sacs at one time as i had ts! :clap: {D

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius plumipes (Trinidad locale) - Thanks Eric!

Chris

Last edited: