Genus Tapinauchenius

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi hellraizor,

It cant be T. plumipes, Any Ideas? T. violaceus maybe?
Thanks in advance,
Paul
yes, T.violaceus is correct.
In reference to the spider in post 208, if it came from Peru, it is not T. violaceus.
There's no way for me to say with certainty, but it could be T. cupreus.

There are at least 4 different Tapinauchenius species which I've seen pop up in exports from Peru.

the "T. gigas" looks alot like T. elenae.
I agree.

Perhaps it's T. subcaeruleus but it was sold as Tapinauchenius ssp"Amazon Tigre" Eric if you'd like a specimen to help determine the species, say the word.
It's quite possible it's T. subcaeruleus, but we can't be certain from the picture alone. There is a species of Tapinauchenius in Peru which looks almost identical to T. subcaeruleus as adults, but the spiderlings look very different. The spermethecae is also different. I'd very much like to have a specimen, and like I mentioned via PM, please preserve any if you have one die.

Eric

Last edited:

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The first pic is definitely not of T. cupreus It has very prominent barring on the abdomen
I'm no expert, I just thought I'd offer my opinion where I saw a similarity between yours and the picture I found online. Whatever it is, it's a nice looking species.

but I agree about the T. elenae ID. T.gigas is what it was sold under
I'm a lot more sure about this 'guess' than the first one too. :)

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
T. cupreus Pair

T. plumipes Pair

T. plumipes Female with egg sac

Last edited:

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We just got the one from Carlos when he sold his collection. We confirmed her to be female with her last molt.

Cass

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Much larger than the ones I have and I'm pretty sure they all came from the same sac.

Ollie