Genus Pterinochilus

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Beautiful photos all! This genus has to be one of my favorites.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The last picture looks great!
I can't believe that you can get so nice lighting from your digital camera. I'm stil fighting with my build-in flashlight... now in "full manual" mode.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dark Raptor said:
I'm stil fighting with my build-in flashlight... now in "full manual" mode.

yeah thats what im going to do to, full manual mode... you're still fighting with that problem, and I BEGIN TO FIGHT with that problem lol ... You made me realise my picture were much to bright

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,
Dark Raptor said:
The last picture looks great!
I can't believe that you can get so nice lighting from your digital camera. I'm stil fighting with my build-in flashlight... now in "full manual" mode.
thank you for your kind words!

i used for the last picture a Konica Minolta with a Sigma 50mm macrolens. Of course i used some special lightsource and of course i didnt use a flash. ;)

Here are the exif dates if you are interessted:

Exposure time: 1/100 s
F-number: f/5.6
ISO: 200

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

here a closeup of the coxae of the palp and leg I:

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T.Raab said:
i used for the last picture a Konica Minolta with a Sigma 50mm macrolens. Of course i used some special lightsource and of course i didnt use a flash. ;)

Here are the exif dates if you are interessted:

Exposure time: 1/100 s
F-number: f/5.6
ISO: 200
Yes, situation when you don't need to use flash is the best. I should think more abuot it or start taking pictures during a day {D
I always use f8 - 11, but when I synchronise flash with the "second courtain" I can use f32 and 1/500s!

PS. Thanks for the pic! ;)

Kirdec said:
eah thats what im going to do to, full manual mode... you're still fighting with that problem, and I BEGIN TO FIGHT with that problem lol ... You made me realise my picture were much to bright
Sometimes it is much worse when pics are too dark ;) I also make this mistake when use teleconverter or macro rings.

Last edited:

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

the retrolateral side of the chelicerae of Pterinochilus sp.:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
woooooooops ;) I was in an african mood :eek: its fixed

Last edited:

phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pterinochilus murinus UMV mature male (Not happy as usual)

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Pterinochilus lugardi has to be one of the nicest looking Pterinochilus Sp. imo

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

I have got one sp. from genus Pterinochilus. It is WC spider. I think it is murinus but ......? What you think? What is it ?

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi "Brachy",

the spider looks like Pterinochilus murinus to me, but a proper ID is only possible by determine the dead specimen or an exuviae. ;)

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Timo maestro of Afrikan spiders :D

Thank you for help. When she will moult I will take some photos about of spermatheca and other important parts of body.