Genus Poecilotheria

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hope it's fine with you all for me to post a few of my male regalis. I've only this and a couple of younger Ornatas, that's all I have for the Poecilotheria at the minute.

First pic looks ugly, but it's just for a scale reference to it's size. It reached this from a10mm spiderling last October...

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another, let me know if I've posted too many, I'd hate to waste bandwidth or irritate you with constant streams of the same pics....

Attachments

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Martin,

Thanks for the great photos. However, I am getting an error message when I click on your links for the photo collages. Can you repost the full URL, please?

Michael

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got some pictures of my Ornata spiderlings. Sorry that pics of this species has already been posted. Oh they're around an inch in legspan

Attachments

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Ya'll have posted some nice photos. I guess I'll add a photo of one of the jewels of my collection - it's an adult female Poecilotheria subfusca - enjoy

Attachments

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow that is awsome.. I had no idea they looked so good. I'll have to add that to my wish list

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
TO BILL AND MARTIN:

Just curious what cameras you guys use. Both of you have absolutely stunning pictures and I am once again in the market for a new Digicam.

Mark

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
wow that is awsome.. I had no idea they looked so good. I'll have to add that to my wish list
Second that!

How big is she Michael?

Jim B.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal
Actually, don't beat yourself up for that. It's very respectable. I see way too many people keeping pokies without being very experienced at keeping agressive tarantulas, or even being comfortable with them.

In the end, it's best to NOT have a pokie, or usumbara, or togo starburst, or even cobolt blues unless you are an experienced hobbiest.

On a side note, even an experienced guy like me won't keep a pokie. I'm not a fan of agressive species, for the most part. My H. maculata is probably going to stay my only exception :)

-Bryan
Bryan,
After the convention, and the fact that I came away with 4 Usambaras (3 now, R.I.P. lil dude), I'm not so scared. Of course, mine are still slings/juvies. They mostly run and hide in their extensive burrows. Unless its time for dinner. If they get hungry, they'll come out, and hang by the entrance to their burrows..:)
A funny aside; when I changed them all into their respective Gladware containers, one absolutely refused to come out. So, I simply placed its previous container (a tiny condiment cup) on its side, inside the Gladware thingy. I went about my way, cleaning house. I came back about 2 hours later, to see if I could get the cup out. The lil cutie had made a above ground cave, by covering it with webbing! Now, several months later, you can't tell there was ever a condimant cup there. Its completely white. (gotta get pics)
Besides, at the convention? Immortal_sin and I shared a room. She won a Pokie, and it molted whilst we were there. I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw the dramatic change in size it went through.
Peace, Light & Eternal Love..
Gillian
)0(

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
seeing your gallery, I have to say rufilata is next on my list.
Thanks for sharing your pics.