Genus Lasiodorides

gothmog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Young striatus, this guy was loose in my flat for over 2 months :eek: :)

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Man, that is surprising indeed! he he, never thought it would take him that long...

Hopefully you can breed these eventually

Take care

Martin

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey,

It looks like polycuspulatus, I was just in Peru, Arequipa, Puno, Cusco, and Iquitos to be exact and I looked for t's everywhere but didnt find any, what region did you find this specimen?

tarantulasperu

Arachnopeon
Hey,

It looks like polycuspulatus, I was just in Peru, Arequipa, Puno, Cusco, and Iquitos to be exact and I looked for t's everywhere but didnt find any, what region did you find this specimen?
i have found most of my tarantulas in the andean regions of huaraz and huarochiri at an altidude of aproximately 3000mtrs above sea level if you seen my gallery the blue one was found in huaraz under rock while I was exploring these ruins and found an entire colony of burrows but only took one. The L polycuspulatus was found in huarochiri under a large rock at 3000mtrs above sea level. To go to huarochiri you go from lima east to ceniguila and there you goup hill into the andes for two hours until you start to see the andean habitat. In puno if you go to the large islands of lake titicaca there are some unidentified species which are awesome.

also if you are interested in scolopendra there are some large scolopendra sp in the same region of the andes the only problem is that they are extremely rare.

Last edited:

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats very interesting, I scoured the regions NW of arequipa looking for polycuspulatus. I would be VERY interested in Scolopendra from that region! PM me if you can get any.