Genus Hysterocrates

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The first spider pic belongs to me she is about 7.25-7.5 diagonal legspan second pic isn't mine just using it as a camparsion neither have real large abdomens I dont like my Ts to be obese unless getting ready to breed.

Both are Hysterocrates sp.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The first spider pic belongs to me she is about 7.25-7.5 diagonal legspan second pic isn't mine just using it as a camparsion neither have real large abdomens I dont like my Ts to be obese unless getting ready to breed.

Both are Hysterocrates sp.

Nevermind need to get better pics

cold blood

Staff member
Don't like them obese??....getting fat is part of the natural growth process for all tarantulas.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well my female Hysterocrates sp
molted again last time she lost both pedipalps they grew back nice. Glad to see she has them again. She's molted 3 times in less than a year not sure how many she has.
I would think once they hit maturity it would only be yearly depending on food and temps but I want her to live a nice long life so I dont want to speed things up just to see how big she gets.

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Would like to start a hysterocrates picture thread, so whatever you got please add to this even if they are older pictures, as long as they belong to you!

First picture is a 6.5 inch female Hysterocrates gigas.

Second and third pic is 7 inch female Hysterocrates sp.
In the "Stickies" section in the Tarantula pictures forum there is a "Genus Index" thread that has links to the individual genus pic threads
Genus index
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/genus-index.182018/

Hysterocrates
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/genus-hysterocrates.35660/

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Adult female and MM H. gigas

Different sizes of H. laticeps from under 1" to over 3"