Genus Hapalopus

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Thanks for the hi-res pictures, Eric! I suppose Dr. Abel Perez Gonzalez (or somebody else) is working on the description of this spider?

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just discovered this genus, and they are amazing! I wish they were available in the US. :(

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice Michael.
About how big is she?
Mine are all still little guys.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Michael,

You think she is adult yet? The females are very big of this species, at least 3 to 4" legspan, yours still looks immature on the picture and with the dimension you mentionned, I would be curious to see if she can mate already.

Martin

meyken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Michael,

You think she is adult yet? The females are very big of this species, at least 3 to 4" legspan, yours still looks immature on the picture and with the dimension you mentionned, I would be curious to see if she can mate already.

Martin
Hi Martin,

i think that she is ready for mating, but its anyway as i dont have a male..;)
Its one of the females from Dirk on his table in Stuttgart.
After the next molt she is definitly adult. Generall i think that by a lot of species the females are by a smaller size adult as the most keepers thought that. A good sample are Tapinauchenius spp., i had ghost sacs from Tapinauchenius violaceus with a body length of not more than 2,5cm. Maximum body length of this species should be around 5cm..
Also i m very bad in conversion of cm in body length to inch in legspan..:rolleyes:

Michael

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the hardiness of this specie. I purchased mine in 11/09 at 1/8". After six months they are only 1/2". They are slow growers compared to Cyriocosmus species, but are very good eaters. They are one of my prize collection.

Pumpkin Patch (Hapolopus sp.) Colombia
View attachment 84322

Last edited:

meyken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

fresh molted Hapalopus sp.Columbia "big" female

Hope Martin does agree now that she is adult..:D

Cheers, Michael

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Michael
thats such a beautiful one.
So can i ask you how big she is now?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Michael,

Very nice animal, yes, sure does look mature now!

Martin