Genus Eupalaestrus

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ooh! very pretty Pato. How is the weijenberghi's temperament?
Well, they are very docile and hungry! Calm species, who likes to make very deep burrows, and kept with moist substrate. Very slow growers. I've got two good sacs from my adult female and she has been with me since 6 years now.

PAto.

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Eupalaestrus weijenberghi Blue/Dark form (adult female)
Pato.
How common is this form and what is/are the other form(s)? I really want to get some of these and have seen them offered a couple of places but I haven't seen the other forms and am not sure which I would prefer.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How common is this form and what is/are the other form(s)? I really want to get some of these and have seen them offered a couple of places but I haven't seen the other forms and am not sure which I would prefer.
The dark blueish form is more likely to be found in Uruguay I've been told, but could be found in Argentina also. The normal form I've seen hundreds in a huge colony in Argentina. I think both variants are nice, the normal one, is more ''Eupalaestrus like''... You can see a photo posted recently in this thread by Brachy.

The mature males I've received were more likely the normal form, collected in country houses by friends in Argentina and babies were both forms...

I don't know which are selling out there, but I would surely never pay as much as those prices for one...

Best regards,
Pato.

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know which are selling out there, but I would surely never pay as much as those prices for one...

Best regards,
Pato.
You being from argentina may not pay as much. I, on the other hand, being from Omaha, NE would pay a pretty good amount for the chance to have and breed the blue form. That is one of the best looking T's IMO that I have ever seen. Probably top 5 desirable species I still would like to obtain. Definitely not interested in WC males though.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, I guess they are pretty. Just not the genus that I'm most into. Although I know where to find them, I don't collect them :eek: They were a gift from friends actually. I rather keep them than watching them die by a big foot :(

Good luck finding what you look for, if there's anything else in particular you'd like to know about them ask me, I'll be glad to help if I can :)

PAto

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My two have been MIA forever. Burrowed down into their underground lair of tunnels. I haven't seen them in ages except when I spy on them from the outside. I really wish they would come to the surface more because they sure are gorgeous little tykes.

_DSC1743-2.jpg