Genus Eupalaestrus

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Charlotte's a cutie. Man Im going to have to wait so long for mine to get that size! :(

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey sweet looking T. i love watching my little one roam around. nice edition

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now tell me I'm being paranoid, is it me or does my PZB (previous page) look different to everyone else's? It's just that it doesn't have the hint of pink on it's carapace and it seems darker overall. The hairs aren't too pink neither... I do have a PZB right? :wall:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Ha, she ate two of them the next day! She is very cute, and quite the webber! I really like her, I may even get up the nerve to hold her one day!

@H-D- Yours does look very dark, did you get her at a pet store? They often mis-label tarantulas. She doesn't look like she has the stripes on the top part of her legs, and man she is dark! Maybe a colour variation? I admit I don't know enough about them to make an assumption, she's a very nice looking spider though!

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought her from an online dealer, I started thinking she might be Laisodora sp. Then again if she was I wouldn't be able to hold her right? She has kicked hairs but that was on the day of arrival. Now she's almost as gentle as my chaco. My local pet store agreed with you about the striping Lorgakor. I'll just wait and see what the feedback is from the questions and discussions section. Hopefully there are colour variations!

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
H-D said:
Hmm... I was also wondering this... The knees do look to be on the yellow side, but then again mabye its just the picture?
Hey guys, I just found this. I've been wondering about this since I bought it. It's definately not Costa Rican, as it doesn't have orangish spinnerettes. The knees do look quite yellow, and at this size, it should have a lot more pink on it. , if it is a PZB. I've been wondering if it was some other zebra stripe spider type, and it's super docile and calm.

We just talked about this in chat. I'll do some more checking, and if we think it is a chaco, I'll get the pictures in the right thread. I bought this T from a petstore as my first..and you know how pet stores are...even though this one is pretty good about the labels.

EDIT: It is indeed a Chaco and has been moved to the correct thread.

Last edited:

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My PZB is the most 'rock like' spider I have. I can barely get her to move. She even flicks hair slowly.

You can check out her newest pictures here.

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As of yesterday.......an mature MALE ! (sold to me as a female) :mad:

funny because it tried to bite me as I proded him to move for the photo !!

Bob

Last edited:

omni

Arachnobaron
Eupalaestrus campestratus

"SB", is 7 yrs old now at 5.5" and will be molting this Spring...I can't wait! E. campos have such lush pink hairs after they molt! Her color noticably dulls in the months following a molt, and as I see is common, she will wear off some of the long fine hairs in grooming and moving around.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She sure is a beauty! My E. campestratus is among my favorite of my 45+ tarantulas. So pretty and docile. Plus she loves to eat and stays out where I can see her. Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

Jen

omni

Arachnobaron
Another month still waiting for the up comin molt *sigh* she's getting very dark and gray now, I hope she gets her usual light color afterwards... In '03, her legs got longer, '05 she got thicker in the ab. very little legspan gain. will be really hairy after this molt.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Eupalaestrus weijenberghi Blue/Dark form (adult female)

Eupalaestrus weijenberghi Blue/Dark form (adult female)

Pato.

omni

Arachnobaron
Ooh! very pretty Pato. How is the weijenberghi's temperament?