Genus Ephebopus

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:} God i want one...

I guess I'll just have to wait till the next invert/herp show in May at the state fair in Raleigh. I can't seem to find any dealers who have them available.

Last edited:

Yoshi11

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aviculariinae said:
Here,s a large varient of E murinus,this specimen is due a molt and has a leg span of just over 7".
I may be wrong but E. murinus do not flick hairs from their abdomens, right? Instead, they flick from their padipalps or is the baldness due to stress? :confused: Can someone shed some light?

Last edited:

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow!

I am amazed! That is a beatifull species and your pics REALLY show off how they got their common name.

Very nice!

-Charlie

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Any chance to get a pic of that 7"+ t with a ruler?
yeah no problem as soon as she molts,she is burrowed in at the moment! I use to have pictures of her beside a ruler ill try and find them! And she is fairly docile aswell,which is strange!I once sent a cast skin to a mate in england and he was gobsmacked at the size of it! :eek:

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome T Kevo.Hey if you ever want to get rid of that one,Ill take it off your hands. haha.

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Any chance to get a pic of that 7"+ t with a ruler?
Sorry Had no ruler sorry but here,s the cast skin beside a bottle,The bottle is about 9"

I may be wrong but E. murinus do not flick hairs from their abdomens, right? Instead, they flick from their padipalps or is the baldness due to stress? Can someone shed some light?
The patch you see is from the last molt it was a piece of cast skin that i never managed to get removed before she hardened,if i had to remove it now i would have tore the new skin underneath,but she has molted again and is perfectly fine now :) ;)

Cheers
Brendan

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Christ almighty Bren, you weren't kidding when you said she was a whopper!

I'd better get a bigger tank made :p

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd better get a bigger tank made
Im not worried about you getting the bigger tank am worrried will she fit into my back pack when i head over to the show LOL {D :D

Cheers
Brendan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My female E. murinus just molted today. I can't get over how pretty she is!! :)

I measured the molt, once I took it out. It's 6.5"! :eek: I'm wondering if she's grown anymore. I'll find out after the next molt, I guess.

-Bryan

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My adult murinus female:

I thought the could reach 5" in legspan. But 7" is quite large....