Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Subfamily Ornithoctoninae G. sp. "Vietnam"

Little beauty. Has deceased now though. Am desperately looking for more specimens.

Best regards
Søren

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Freshly molted juvenile L. violaceopes. A "bit" too much contrast in the photo unfortunately. Nice nice spiders.

Søren

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by phormingochilus
Haplopelma albostriatum

Post molt

;-) Søren
Very nice - now that one I don't have :(

So, Leg IV not noticably swollen, no distinct elongated brushes of hair, and not distinctly longer than leg I would make this a Haplopelma sp."Vietnam"?

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And the last picture for now is a little rarity - a specimen from Kalimantan. A so far unidentified Lampropelma spp.

Premolt

Best regards
Søren

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
Very nice - now that one I don't have :(

So, Leg IV not noticably swollen, no distinct elongated brushes of hair, and not distinctly longer than leg I would make this a Haplopelma sp."Vietnam"?

Depends on if you are refering to the H. albostriatum? ;p

H. sp. "longipedum":

Noticeably enlarged legs IV. Much longer and stouter than leg I.

Metatarsal scopula on leg IV covers half the segment and which is not divided.

Dorsally on metatarsus and tarsus of leg IV appears "fuzzy" due to a dense cover of long erect setae

H. sp. "Vietnam":

Leg lenghts of leg I and IV are more equal. Leg IV is not stouter than leg I.

Metatarsal scopula on leg IV covers 1/4 - 1/3 of the segment and is divided.

Dorsally on metatarsus and tarsus of leg IV there's no dense cover of long erect setae.

They can be very very similar at a glance but are not similar. Other morphological differences are present as well but the differences in the rear legs are the most prominent one.

Best regards
Søren

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are some additional beauties. Had the luck to be able to borrow my work's digicam. Enjoy.

Haplopelma sp. "aureopilosum"

Last edited:

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The sister species of H. sp. "aureopilosum": H. sp. "Surat Thani" Notice darker coloration, stockier outline and white joint banding instead of tannish longitudal lateral surface on leg pair I & II ;-)

Slightly more pissed than the H. sp. "aureopilosum"

Enjoy ;-)
Søren

Last edited:

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And now to something slightly different, the rare cousin of Haplopelma schmidti: "Haplopelma costale". This one I am very proud of and happy to keep ;-) Just getting more and more beautiful by each molt.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Unfortunately a little wee blurred, but I am sure you get the overall picture of this beauty. Haplopelma sp. "Erewan"

Enjoy ;-)
Søren

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Martin H.
You have larger cans than this one overthere! ...larger than this 2,5 CL can... =;-p
Yep - 250ml is kiddie size ;P

Our standard cans are 330ml :)

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haplopelma costale,thats an absolute Beaut,id say you dont see them that often in the trade;) :D

Vanan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice pics y'all! Especially love all this "techincal talk" about systematics and ID'ing. Great for a beginner like me! :D

Here my female H. "longepidum". She's only about 4.5" now. Guess it'll be a couple more moults til she matures?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vanan
Nice pics y'all! Especially love all this "techincal talk" about systematics and ID'ing. Great for a beginner like me! :D

Here my female H. "longepidum". She's only about 4.5" now. Guess it'll be a couple more moults til she matures?

Hi

Nice pictures, but they look more like sp."Vietnam" than sp."longipedum" to me - of course you cannot be certain just from looking at a picture :)

If she is about 4.5" I would say she is already mature enough to breed.