Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Well, you promised mine would be beautiful after a molt... and yours is a prime example!! She's gorgeous, and funny, almost the exact same size!!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Martin H.
it's still living, but more dead than alive. I got her at 11.10.03 as fresh WC and there it was already very thin. In the last days I expected to see her dead every morning when I checked the tanks, but yesterday she started to eat the first time, two crickets. We will see if she will survive, but I have my doubts. IMHO she is already too starved and dehydrated. But I will try my best to keep her alive.

all the best,
Martin
Good luck with her.

Did she come from Hei in Hong Kong? He has offered me more S. hainana recently.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Best of luck with her Martin, if anyone can save her... YOU can!:)

stewartb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think they look better in the tanks Leon, when they are just tubs of mud!!!!!!!!!!!

What you really want is a brown spider with itchy hairs!!!!

LOL.

Stew.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
You didn't notice that almost half the setae are missing from the carapace and patella?
I did not know that was the reason, no. Thought it just had a different color...so easy to believe with all 505 colour variants of everything.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
guys i am impressed with the pictures..really good pictures and really nice ts..i want to get one soon..

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Haplopelma schmidti vs Blaberus roach.

Click for larger versions!

stewartb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, can,t believe you got to see a haplopelma.

Still think the the tubs of mud look better.

LOL.

Stew.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's three pics of the exuvium from my Haplopelma schmidti. The pics are from a few weeks back, I just never got round to posting them. I'm also trying my pics at a bigger size on arachnoboards to see if it looks better.

I'm pretty sure this is the sucking stomach, or something similar. Any insight would be highly appreciated

I'll take some more pics of my haplopelma beasts though

Enjoy!

one-of-three

Attachments

Ryan V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
To bad I will not see her much longer.....as soon as she gets acclimated to her new home, she will be out of sight once again!

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Guys,

some words to "Ornithoctonus gadgili". This Species was transfered by me in 1991 from the Genus Ornithoctonus to Poecilotheria:

Wirth von, V. (1991). Eine Revision der Gattung Ornithoctonus Pocock 1892 (Araneida: Theraphosidae: Ornithoctoninae). Arachnol. Anz. 12: 5-8.

Some facts to Haplopelma robustum:

The Typematerial is definitely lost. This means that there is only the poor original description which says nothing to the structure of the Stridulating Organ nor to the shape of the genitals. So, how can anybody in the world identify a Tarantula as "Haplopelma robustum"? I can't!
BTW, I possess several Specimen of the so called "Haplopelma robustum" in my alcohol collection (adult males and females) as well as alive. After comparing them with the drawings from Andrew Smith concerning the Typeseries of
Lampropelma violaceopes I still believe that this Species, which was sold as "Hapl. robustum", could be Lampropelma violaceopes!
BTW, below you can see a subadult Ornithoctoninae from Laos. The picture in the next posting shows the now adult male of this unknown Ornithoctoninae!

Cheers, Volker

Last edited by a moderator:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Volker, I saw "Haplopelma robustum" at Rays house - are these the same as the ones you are keeping?
I tried to sneak one out the back door but he was having none of it!