Genus Avicularia

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A.hurrania

How are there dispositions?, I've heard that they are more defensive than most other Avics. I plan on getting more Avics.
I have become friends with an owner of a local Reptile shop, who will do some ordering for me and only increase the price 20%, since he doesn't have to house them or do any feeding. So I feel a big order comming on {D If he can get these I will be ordering an A.hurrania, A.minatrix, A.metallica, A.purpera. A.juruensis, A.laeta, and poss some Psalms.

Later
Hairy

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
blombo said:
One of my A. laeta slings

Either a juv. laeta or bad lighting or a different species because laeta look pretty much just like a versicolor as a s'ling and keep there blue until about the 2" mark. Greg

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Either metalica or geroldi as I mixed the pots up when they came :?

A.metalica

A.geroldi

A.minatrix

A.versicolor

Chid

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
my first T had it about 3 months now...god what an addicting hobby...

Last edited:

gothmog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My little pink toe sling molted a couple of days ago, and now has: Pink toes!!

Bit of a tricky shot shooting through glass and web, but here it is sitting on it's old clothes ;)

-- Jon

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
gothmog, how big was it before it molted? and how big is it now? :)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here is my freshly molted A versicolor spiderling

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's Macabre again('A. metallica')..grown a lot in a little less then a year, yeah? Like lightning! Like fungus! Like a living compost-heap!

I got her (it) in August, last year (-03). Yeah, that's a super-sized maggot, a, a King maggot, and that's not a normal glass I keep her in, it's a, a, ..a 45-litre one. Yeah. Can they grow any slower? ..Hah, *remembers Mendi's humorous post in the Aphonopelma-thread*..

Attachments

Last edited:

etienne

Arachnopeon
Avicularia sp. robisch

Hi,

One more time, nice T and nice picture Mr Heen!
This one is a young female Avicularia sp. robisch, from Ecuador.
One of my favourites, not really common in North Europe...

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Avicularia laeta

Anyone have any of these? Here is a pic, she has molted 3 more times after this pic. She is now a gold and pinkish color! Enjoy! Please post your pics if you have any!

James

Attachments

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes I have 6 of them, Mom and 5 of her slings, depending on who you got it from it may have been one of hers? Not the prettiest of avics but this girl is definitely one of my favorites as she has lots of personality. Here is a neat pic of the little guys from an old thread, and also added a few new pics. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=253201&postcount=19 Greg

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I got mine from Bryan Cronoss, as a lil guy. Mine is around the size that you have got in your first pic and they look exactly like versicolors. Nice pics!

James

Vanan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of the few species which look better as slings. Them and P. platyomma. :p:D

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice avics

Gotta love em. Almost look like our A. purpurea but closer to a versicolor. Here's a recent pic of our A. purpurea. Last molt on 12/11. :D

Last edited: