Genus Ami

Balvala

Arachnosquire
Fattening up nicely:

I'm glad it's picking up some weight, a bit. I'm still attempting to search for one since the last time I notified you, but no opportunities lie in any sites or members in the U.S. currently. I'd love it if you ever capture it's threat posture if it ever decides to act like a butt for any reason.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Its threat posture is really half hearted. It is, however, quick to bite if you prod from the front. It'll bite anything you put in front of it. Fantastic feeding response too. Its even fatter now after eating a big old roach the other day, but I have been leaving it be in hopes of a molt so I can get a sex on it and start planning for the future of little Ami sp. in the US! <3

But, like I said previously, if you prod it from the back, it plays dead immediately. You can do absolutely anything at all to it. Pick it up, turn it upside down...funny little creatures, them.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Ami sp."Panama", the male died a few days after the first pairing, so hopefully it took.

These spider are beautifully colored , top and bottom.

Later, Tom

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Best of luck with this very pretty species Tom. I have a couple of Ami sp."Panama" slings that are growing slowly but surely!

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Such a beautiful genus! Noticed some Ami sp. chica slings up for sale although can't find anything on them. (Doesn't appear to be any in this thread).

JavaJacketOC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone have pictures of adult Ami sp. Chica? I just picked one of these up from a friend...took a chance because of this thread :) On the same list I've seen Ami sp. Chica and Ami sp. Panama "Panama Flame". The Chica I picked up is only about 1" and still very dull in coloration.

I tried Googling but not really seeing anything that is confirmed as Ami sp. Chica in adult colors. Maybe the Chica is the "Panama 2" above?