Genus Ami

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ami bladsei. These are wild pics, no captive Ami that I know of.
Nice spider and good find! Thanks for sharing.

There are Ami in captivity... though I'm not sure any have come into the states yet. But they are in captivity in Europe and Canada.

Eric

Inkognito2k

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

Yep there are some in captivity in Germany.

Some one offered them one or a half year ago.

All the Best,
Sven

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes there are some in Canada:)
As soon as mine gets a bit bigger, I will post some pics.
They are a smaller species, but I'm not sure on exact sizes.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Thanks, even though we have them up here in Canada they don't seem like popular T's to own, not alot of them in people's collections.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Ken has the Ami sp. Peru for sale....I plan to grab one asap actually. There's another on his site with the name Micro Dots, but I have no idea what that means and there's no picture. I love the panama one! Nobody answered how big they get?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I'm sure "micro dot" is in reference to how big the slings are as Ami are super tiny when they hatch. I wouldn't suspect any Ami to grow much more than 3 inches.

Later, Tom

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I finally got myself one. They ran out of the "peru" but had a sp "Columbia"...I don't know if there are actual species names for these or if they really are all named just by location. Anyway here's mine, being 1.5 inches and playing dead. (Yeah seriously..playing dead. I even panicked and put it in an ICU. It was lying to me!)

not the greatest picture, but it'll do the trick. I'm going to give it a proper photo shoot later on tonight, I think.