Genus Acanthoscurria

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fierce Deity said:
Great looking spider Allen. Your enclosure looks nice too. Since you have both brocklehursti and geniculata, what is the main difference between the two?

They look very similar,the red in the brocklehursti is a little more vibrant, the leg bandings are a bit different, the brocklehursti seems to be more black as the genics seem to have a lighter undertone...I have 4 genics and 2 brocklehursti, we all know how well genics eat, IMO I think the brocklehursti are a little more "energetic" at feeding time, it has been said that some people think that brocklehursti are just a colour varient, either way they are very interesting spiders...

Regards, Mike (Allen)

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gorgeous spider, gorgeous enclosure. Darn, now I have to add another to my very long wish list. I love my genic. Having one similar, yet just a little different would be great!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my little A. genic, yet to be named. he has been living in underground tunnels for the last several months after i had to remove it's pudgy butt from a flowerpot. legspan is about 1.5-1.75" now.

[/IMG]

and away again he goes! :wall:

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aftershock said:
This is a very beautiful species.

This is one of my three large juveniles/semiadult. One is probably male, one is probably female and one is of unknown sex.

Enjoy! :)

Hi man, this looks like Nhandu for me.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not so sure the eggs may hatch now... I thought when you open a sac, they are suppose to be somewhat spiderlings, not the eggs themselves... I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Have you been successful using this method before? Has anyone? Take care!

Austin

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always thought you should wait till they are atleast Egg w/legs? oh well goodluck

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats what I was thinking. Well if all is good, let us know and I'll hit you up on a PM, may some some babies! :D

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea.. I hope you have good luck.. not to preach, but from what I have learned on these boards it is best to leave the sac with mom until at LEAST post embryo, and my recent successful g. rosea sac I pulled were 100% first instar before I pulled the eggsac.. good luck and let us know your results.. I think that the eggs need to be rotated until they become spiderlings, but am not sure of this.. you might want to look into building a mechanical mum and check posts on this, although they look fairly complex to build with such short notice :) congrats

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
syndicate said:
u guys realize this thread is a year old?
Dammit Leeroy, i normally realise that off the bat... i guess it was cos i was a little confused as to why he opened it so early

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria atrox

Acanthoscurria geniculata - adult female

Acanthoscurria insubtilis - subadult female