Gbb Worries.

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone.
Today I was taking a look at my GBB and it looks as though the abdomen is coming away from the carapace, the behaviour is normal, eating fine, webbing, Everytime I look in the Faunarium it's in a different spot, I'm waiting until I can get a clear picture of the area of concern, it Moulted around 1 1/2 months ago in the shop before I got it, should I be worried?

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
Just to add, this is my first ever T (Don't judge I'm not a handling owner im a viewing owner)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Today I was taking a look at my GBB and it looks as though the abdomen is coming away from the carapace
I'm not sure if I'm able to understand this o_O

the behaviour is normal, eating fine, webbing, Everytime I look in the Faunarium it's in a different spot,
Seems normal 'GBB' behavior, to me. They are always busy making something.

I'm waiting until I can get a clear picture of the area of concern, it Moulted around 1 1/2 months ago in the shop before I got it, should I be worried?
Yes, when you can, post a pic. Of everything (spider, set up etc). This helps.

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
Here it is, yet to be sexed. DSC_0185.JPG This is the area in mention, is seems almost shiny now, it doesn't seem to be dragging it around and can move it just fine, but with it being my first I though I'd come get help from you guys. sketch-1512513747553.png This is the setup I have it in, Moving it too a Large Faunarium on next molt. DSC_0184.JPG

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
And for the rolling papers in the picture all smoking is done outside, I know the harm it can cause to Ts

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
And for the rolling papers in the picture all smoking is done outside, I know the harm it can cause to Ts
Oh my God, is that large-sized rolling paper!? o_O I´m just joking of course, smoke whatever you like. Personally I do smoke cigarettes inside of my living room but I don´t blow the smoke directly into their enclosure. I have honestly never witnessed any bad effects for my Ts as a result of it, but kudos to you for going outside :)

As for your pictures I cannot really see something amiss with your GBB here. Can you maybe lift up the lid and take a picture from straight above the T in question?

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I can't remember who is was.. but someone posted a pic of a T who had a weird molt and the abdomen was pulled away from the carapace. It looked stretched or something. If someone knows the post I'm talking about, please link it. It might help OP confirm if it's the same kind of injury/thingy

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
Oh my God, is that large-sized rolling paper!? o_O I´m just joking of course, smoke whatever you like. Personally I do smoke cigarettes inside of my living room but I don´t blow the smoke directly into their enclosure. I have honestly never witnessed any bad effects for my Ts as a result of it, but kudos to you for going outside :)

As for your pictures I cannot really see something amiss with your GBB here. Can you maybe lift up the lid and take a picture from straight above the T in question?
I should add, it has grown about 1/2" body length in the past month, could it just be getting chunky?

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
Thanks for finding this for me to look at, like I say although it looks like there's space between the Carapace and abdomen that I have only just noticed, it doesn't seem this severe and again my GBB is still webbing, and shaking its booty around like there no tomorrow, I think it could just be it either getting chunky or maybe It could be close to moult time?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I’d say the behavior will tell you that it’s ok. Probably no need to worry if he/she is still webbing up and doing its spider thing. If they’re stressed, they’ll huddle and be very inactive, generally.

boina

Lady of the mites
It could have something to do with the fact that your GBB is really rather on the chubby side. I'm not into fat shaming tarantulas in any way - I rather like my tarantulas a bit more rotund than most - but the only time I've ever seen this in person is with my adult female D. diamantinensis who was really very fat. After the molt her pedicel seemed to be elongated and her abdomen seemed to be more wobbly and less securly attached than normal, a bit like in the pictures. I fed her very sparingly during the next year, about one small roach a month, to prevent her from getting that fat again. She has molted again just recently and is perfectly fine now and much slimmer than before.

So, to sum it up, I think it could be something that may happen if a tarantula is very fat, although by no means will it affect every tarantula that gets fat. I think your GBB will be fine, just maybe slow down with the feeding a bit, it really does look fat enough.

Mangoil

Arachnopeon
It could have something to do with the fact that your GBB is really rather on the chubby side. I'm not into fat shaming tarantulas in any way - I rather like my tarantulas a bit more rotund than most - but the only time I've ever seen this in person is with my adult female D. diamantinensis who was really very fat. After the molt her pedicel seemed to be elongated and her abdomen seemed to be more wobbly and less securly attached than normal, a bit like in the pictures. I fed her very sparingly during the next year, about one small roach a month, to prevent her from getting that fat again. She has molted again just recently and is perfectly fine now and much slimmer than before.

So, to sum it up, I think it could be something that may happen if a tarantula is very fat, although by no means will it affect every tarantula that gets fat. I think your GBB will be fine, just maybe slow down with the feeding a bit, it really does look fat enough.
Thankyou for the advice, I feed it 1 Large locust weekly with the occasional Morio worm (The worms always make it break out in a happy dance) I'll lay back on the feeding and hope the next molt helps.

Mangoil

Arachnopeon

Also one of the guys in the shop I got it from has a habit of overfeeding, like I say I've only had it around a month myself