GBB sling rehousing?

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've just set up my first ferrero rocher enclosure and was wondering if it would be too early rehouse my GBB sling into it. It molted a couple of days ago to about 3/4 inches dls as far as I can guesstimate and I wasn't planning on doing it today in any case even if the greedy thing just inhaled a small cricket.

For reference I've got some pics showing the present conditions and the new. I haven't put any substrate into the new enclosure yet but there will be cocofiber and some additional sticks put in.

Attachments

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Chromopetmela cyaneopubescens are not arboreal, they may not live directly on the ground but they do tend to do better in a wider flat enclosure.

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Was half wondering about that since the little one has shown now interest in being on the ground other than when it was just molted. I'll keep the enclosure for an eventual Avicularia somewhere down the line and get back to the drawing board, I've got a line on some acrylic sheets twelve inch square that I see some potential in for smaller enclosures.

Still no answer on if it would have been too early to move it though, would it have been too early if it were an arboreal?

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Still no answer on if it would have been too early to move it though, would it have been too early if it were an arboreal?
Personally I would rehouse it at that size but I do tend to enjoy giving mine extra room before they need it.

For the gbb, they tend to like making a web tunnel just off the ground using leaves or whatever you provide which leads to them being referred to as "semi arboreal". I believe in the wild they make their nests in bushes a couple inches off the ground.

I provide mine with a larger than normal encloirse with a lot of anchor points and they make awesome tunnels and just cover everything in web.

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks! I'll see what I can put together during the weekend.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
lay that enclosure horizontally with some type of substrate 1/2" or so and it will be perfect

Last edited:

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I think my GBB was about the size of yours when I moved it into a Ferrero Rocher box. No problem at all. Just wait until it has fully hardened.

GBB_new enclosure.jpg

Just get a new box and make a terrestrial enclosure out of it and save this one for an arboreal sling. ;)

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think my GBB was about the size of yours when I moved it into a Ferrero Rocher box. No problem at all. Just wait until it has fully hardened.

View attachment 292851

Just get a new box and make a terrestrial enclosure out of it and save this one for an arboreal sling. ;)

Heh... As it so happens I do have an extra empty ferrero rocher box just lying around:) I'll mess about with that tomorrow and see how it goes.