GBB sling not eating

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
I'm not super concerned because his thorax is very plump. I feed him mealworms, except recently they seem to scare him. It's been over a month now, he's very active so I don't think he's going to molt. He's interested in the food, but then he throws up a threat posture and runs away. Size has never been an issue before, he's about 2.5 in. I think? And he's had "large" meals compared to his size while he was smaller, and I always give him the smallest mealworms I can find. I just am confused I guess. I would like for him to molt but he doesn't appear to be making that process yet. His bum is balding but I'm positive that's because he's always kicking hairs at me lol

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Abdomen is plump...not thorax;)

Its plump, early stages of pre molt....no reason to continue offering food, just wait for a molt and keep water available.

Because of larger meals, it plumped quickly, which will lead to a longer pre molt fast period...could be weeks...even months before actually molting.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
looks pretty fat booty probably just going on a diet...Ts are better at it then me :confused:. just make sure you friend has water and suspend feeding for a while.

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
Abdomen is plump...not thorax;)

Its plump, early stages of pre molt....no reason to continue offering food, just wait for a molt and keep water available.

Because of larger meals, it plumped quickly, which will lead to a longer pre molt fast period...could be weeks...even months before actually molting.
Oh right :) thanks very much!

looks pretty fat booty probably just going on a diet...Ts are better at it then me :confused:. just make sure you friend has water and suspend feeding for a while.
Sounds good. I also need to diet haha

Last edited by a moderator: