1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBB sling/LP sling threat poses...and an OBT clump (56k warning)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Pictures' started by edesign, May 14, 2005.

1. edesign

edesign My arachnids can beat up your arachnids Old Timer

Advertisement
    well...thought I'd try to hold one of my slings today, figured the Lasiodora parahybana sling would be less skittish than the GBB so tried it first. As you can see...while trying to "prod" it out of it's tupperware home with a piece of string it had no intention of cooperating.

[​IMG]

never struck at the string...just slowly turned to face it, waving it's legs...it eventually crawled back in to it's clay pot to hide. The GBB on the other hand...was immediately apparent it wanted to be left alone. It threw up a huge threat display and struck at the string 2 or 3 times...definitely not to be handled lol.

[​IMG]

AND...finally, for some odd reason that I may never know...my 3" OBT didn't run for cover when i turned on the light this afternoon! It was working on some webbing next to it's tunnel entrance...then decided to "jog" around the walls when I picked up the tank. I wanted to get a threat pose out of it so I got out my prodding stick (straightened clothes hanger with padding on the end) and inserted it through the lid. It was hiding in one corner balled up nice and tight...soon as i touched it it flipped over backwards in the biggest threat posture i've ever seen from it (can't say that it's too many lol). I've heard of people saying they'll get overly ambitious and do just that, but seeing it is funny as hell lol :) couldn't get a picture in time though...so here's a picture of my OBT clump, nice bright orange. Oh...i even got to hear it stridulate, although not very loud

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  2. tmanjim

tmanjim Arachnodemon Old Timer

nice pics, solid threat pose