1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBB sling got bit during molt?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Moltenred, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Moltenred

Moltenred Arachnopeon

Texas
    Advertisement
    So I have a instar 5 gbb who molted for me tonight and I went to check on it and a random mealworm came out of nowhere and was trying to eat it! I believe there is a small wound on its abdomen and the mealworm has since been removed, I need to seal the wound but it just molted and I’m not sure what to do because it’s already in such a fragile state.
    What do you suggest I do??

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Michael Guirov

Michael Guirov Arachnopeon

Belfast
    Youll need to upload pictures so others more experienced can see and advise, applying a thick layer of cornstarch to cover the wound area is all i could suggest though.

Always crush the meal worm heads in future though, very lucky to catch him in time!

Hopefully the T pulls through man

3. Derivative

Derivative Arachnosquire

I hate mealworms whenever I buy them I usually do 3 things with them. 1. Give a few to my cats so they can play/kill the mealworms brutally. 2. Give them to my great dane who usually steps on them and eats them off her foot. 3. Bring the mealworms outside with a flamethrower and...….

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. CJJon

CJJon Arachnoknight Active Member

Probably best to do nothing and hope for the best.

Always crush worm heads before feeding. Always.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moltenred

Moltenred Arachnopeon

Texas
    So I got a good look at it this morning. It’s doin fine, alive and walking and all that. Looks like it lost a spinneret unfortunately but I’m sure that it will be fine!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Derivative

Derivative Arachnosquire

I hate mealworms they are little *!@#$%^%'s. And its good to hear you T is alive as most T's who are attacked by mealworms during molting die.

7. not much you can do OP. I hope your T stays healthy. I will normally retard my worms by smashing most of the head but they will still be writhing enough to attract my vicious cute little teddy bears. I notice healthy worms will writhe more than dehydrated old ones.

8. Derivative

Derivative Arachnosquire

It was a bad joke I dont really do that. I have no clue how anyone in their right mind thought I was serious.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019