GBB sling enclsoure

ispectechular

Arachnosquire
I have two 1.5 ish inch GBB slings coming in the mail Wednesday, and I have two mini Kritter keepers set up for them. Can you tell me if the current set up is good for them? I only put one photo because the enclosures are basically identical. There is approximately 2.5 inches of space above the subsrate level.

IMG_0634.jpg

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I'd be worried the slings will fit through the slots. Best make sure!

i'd also double the substrate to close the distance between sub floor and lid to prevent fall injury. I'd also cut up the plant to individual leaves and place them around the enclosure. Likewise I'd remove one cork bark and chunk the other into 4-5 bits and place them around too. Give it lots to web on.

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Also, needs a water dish. GBB's tolerate dry enclosures well but you must provide water. They will drinkl!

BrittanyS

Arachnopeon
I can say from experience that a 1.5” GBB sling can and will escape through the gap where the lid shuts

BrittanyS

Arachnopeon
Funny thing with mine was that I had it in that enclosure since it was 3/4”. It wasn’t until it was 1.5” that it escaped 😂 Luckily, I had an Exo-Terra 8x8x8 sitting beside it and it decided that was a great place to make a home underneath and I was able to capture him/her quickly. There was a single web string inside the Critter keeper leading to the gap where the lid closes from a nearby plant and then a single web strung on the outside leading down the container.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Deli cups.

Second, don't listen to people on KKs All that matters is holes cannot be larger than carapace. You have an escape problem w/that setup.

BrittanyS

Arachnopeon
I agree with the deli cups. That’s what my escapee was put in after we recovered him lol