GBB sling doesn't want to eat

mirna

Arachnopeon
Hey,
I'm new to hobby so I'm not really experienced, but I read a lot. I got my GBB sling (2 moltings) 2 weeks ago and she molted 4 days ago. A friend took a sling from the same hatch and his also didn't eat, so I wasn't too worried. His molted first, mine did a few days later, but the problem is his started eating and mine didn't.
I tried everything, live worms, dead worms, live dubia, dead dubia and nothing. I tried just letting them run around, I tried putting them in the net, but they either walk away or dead ones just remain on place.
She is on a calm place, the temperature is good, the humidity is good, there's not too much light...she is just standing on the net she made the first day she came and every now and then turns around a little bit.
Her stomach is getting really small, so I'm getting really worried. I kind of ran out of options, does anyone maybe have any advice?

TL;DR my spider doesn't eat, does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Pictures would help out a lot. Take pictures of enclosure and the T. Then we'll be able to make solutions and help you.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
There should be as close to no humidity as possible while still having a water dish. I had a similar problem for a couple of weeks. Id made the mistake of assuming that "dry" meant i could be super lazy with the water dish. After he got a few big drinks, he was back to eating.
Also, just crushing the heads of prey lets them move around while still being completely harmless to the spider. Crush the head and leave it in over night. It may only feel like eating alone in the dark.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
4 days isn't that long after a moult. It took my 1" GBB sling 10 days to finally feed again. Just give it a few more days, and then try again.

Also, the term "humidity" shouldn't even be in your vocabulary, especially not with a GBB. ;) Just keep them dry with a filled up water dish, that's all that's required.

cold blood

Staff member
4 days isnt long enough....wait a week post molt to offer food....the t needs to completely harden before it can eat...this means externally and internally.

All ts have small abdomens post molt...thats 100% natural and normal.

mirna

Arachnopeon
There should be as close to no humidity as possible while still having a water dish.
I put water dish inside. I have a bottle cap with some water inside.

Crush the head and leave it in over night. It may only feel like eating alone in the dark.
tried that too. They just go bad after a day and i have to take them out.

4 days isn't that long after a moult. It took my 1" GBB sling 10 days to finally feed again. Just give it a few more days, and then try again.
I read 4 days isn't long, I was just worried 'cause friends started eating like 2 days after. Ok, I'll wait a bit more then :)
lso, the term "humidity" shouldn't even be in your vocabulary, especially not with a GBB.
And when I said humidity here, I mean it's not humid :D

Ok, thanks guys :) I guess I'll wait then few more days.

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
I read 4 days isn't long, I was just worried 'cause friends started eating like 2 days after. Ok, I'll wait a bit more then .
Your friend risked injury to their tarantula feeding so soon. A good rule of thumb is a week for slings. Freshly molted, their fangs are soft and white. Over the course of several days they go to bright red, then they darken to a dark red almost black and harden. Do not offer food until the fangs have turned black or very close to it.

Edit to add: and for future reference, the larger it gets, the longer you will have to wait post molt to feed. My last one wasn't ready for 16 days. A healthy tarantula will not die from not eating for a couple weeks. Keep easy access to fresh water and good luck with your new animal.