1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBB sling abdomen hair

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Pyrelitha, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Pyrelitha

Pyrelitha Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    I'm about to feed my gbb sling, I noticed this yesterday and just assumed it might have thrown hairs.. but now that I can get a clear picture, why does she have a little spot on her abdomen that looks hairless

Attached Files:

2. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

That's the 'mirror patch'. This is where the urticating hairs are located. Because of their different structure they reflect the light, making them look different :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pyrelitha

I think she took the cricket. Surely killed it.. but it escaped, died to the venom I think so I gave it back and she grabbed it it seems

Attached Files:

4. Pyrelitha

Oh thank you, I was worried for a little

5. Malo

Malo Arachnopeon

Is that cricket like 5x the size of the sling? :jawdrop:

6. Pyrelitha

No its just the angle, the cricket is just as big as the little guy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pyrelitha

Oh and he's gutloaded so he looks really fat for a cricket, he's seeming to enjoy the meal. How long does it normally take?

Attached Files:

8. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Gbb's are fierce...they can handle big prey :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pyrelitha

Yeah he bit it and it ran away.. died in the corner and i just brought it back and he's eatin up. How long should I leave it in there with him.. he's still ontop of it XD idk how I can even get it out

10. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Did you happen to view the pics before you posted them, Focusing on a subject is both useful and necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight Active Member

Texas
    Lol, wait till it's done. How would you feel if someone came and took your dinner out of your hand?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pyrelitha

Well I dont wanna do that, I just wasnt sure if tarantulas like leave food for later or if they finish in one sitting, you know