GBB sling abdomen hair

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I'm about to feed my gbb sling, I noticed this yesterday and just assumed it might have thrown hairs.. but now that I can get a clear picture, why does she have a little spot on her abdomen that looks hairless

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm about to feed my gbb sling, I noticed this yesterday and just assumed it might have thrown hairs.. but now that I can get a clear picture, why does she have a little spot on her abdomen that looks hairless
That's the 'mirror patch'. This is where the urticating hairs are located. Because of their different structure they reflect the light, making them look different :)

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I think she took the cricket. Surely killed it.. but it escaped, died to the venom I think so I gave it back and she grabbed it it seems

Attachments

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
That's the 'mirror patch'. This is where the urticating hairs are located. Because of their different structure they reflect the light, making them look different :)
Oh thank you, I was worried for a little

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Oh and he's gutloaded so he looks really fat for a cricket, he's seeming to enjoy the meal. How long does it normally take?

Attachments

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Yeah he bit it and it ran away.. died in the corner and i just brought it back and he's eatin up. How long should I leave it in there with him.. he's still ontop of it XD idk how I can even get it out

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did you happen to view the pics before you posted them, Focusing on a subject is both useful and necessary.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Yeah he bit it and it ran away.. died in the corner and i just brought it back and he's eatin up. How long should I leave it in there with him.. he's still ontop of it XD idk how I can even get it out
Lol, wait till it's done. How would you feel if someone came and took your dinner out of your hand?

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Lol, wait till it's done. How would you feel if someone came and took your dinner out of your hand?
Well I dont wanna do that, I just wasnt sure if tarantulas like leave food for later or if they finish in one sitting, you know