GBB- Removing Food Bolus

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My female GBB is your typical GBB- fast, skittish, hair flicker, and large web spinner! She's quite tidy and puts the cricket bolus in a corner. However, w/all the webs it's very difficult and at times almost impossible to remove a bolus without alerting her to either take a quick run or flick hairs (more rare).

Has anyone found a good way to minimize this? The only thing I have come up with is to remove the bolus when she is feeding on another cricket, and is distracted and in "feeding mode"

Thanks!

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't really remove mine unless its in a corner away from the webbing. Its frustrating and pointless trying to remove it because if one strand of silk gets caught on the tongs the entire web gets messed up. My GBB has mellowed out since it hit 2 inches.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Pinoy25

Arachnopeon
I also do the same. I remove it when it's feeding time. :)

Here's a picture of my juvenile female GBB.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 02-28-2014 at 12:24 AM ----------

It's actually more difficult to change the water rather than removing her leftovers.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't really remove mine unless its in a corner away from the webbing. Its frustrating and pointless trying to remove it because if one strand of silk gets caught on the tongs the entire web gets messed up. My GBB has mellowed out since it hit 2 inches.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
I always remove them

---------- Post added 02-27-2014 at 10:24 AM ----------

I also do the same. I remove it when it's feeding time. :)

Here's a picture of my juvenile female GBB.

---------- Post added 02-28-2014 at 12:24 AM ----------

It's actually more difficult to change the water rather than removing her leftovers.

I haven't had a problem w/the water YET. But it recently started adding anchor points to the bowl. What I do is keep breaking them down, in hopes it gives up on using the bowl haha. I think I'm on the losing end time will tell. Plus, silk can wick away water in no time flat. I had that happen in my A metallica home.

Thanks Guys