1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gbb question

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by WickedTwinz, Aug 4, 2019.

1. WickedTwinz

WickedTwinz Arachnopeon

Texas
    Advertisement
    So I got a question this is my first T an wondering do they web themself up when they are in premolt.. Mine web itself up like 3 weeks ago an hasn't come out nor excerpts food, an ik not wanting food means premolt or not hungry an it has a fat booty lol ... Here is are 2 pic of it before it webbed up an one after

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. squidkid

squidkid Arachnoknight Active Member

i think its normal for GBBs to web up. that being said yes, fat booty. idk whether its in premolt or not cause im not the best at judging that.

on a side note... WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

• Like Like x 1
  3. stonemantis

stonemantis Arachnoprince Old Timer

Sounds like totally normal behavior. If you’re tarantula is in premolt, you want to disturb it as little as possible.

If it’s not in premolt, then it could be fasting which is normal.

I would check in on it every once in a while without disturbing it just in case and welcome to the boards.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WickedTwinz

WickedTwinz Arachnopeon

Texas
    Went to check in it abt an hour ago an it had flipped on its back so it's finally molting about a month in.. Thanks for the advice!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. squidkid

squidkid Arachnoknight Active Member

Nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. stonemantis

stonemantis Arachnoprince Old Timer

No problem, anytime

7. Kitara

Kitara Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Awesome. Mine did the same thing. Made itself a little molting hammock and molted in there. It didn't come out or kick it's exuvia out for at least a week afterwards. Then it webbed the dang thing to the wall like artwork so now I can't get it unless I damage the webbing. So, it's staying there until she gets a rehouse.

8. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Never owned a GBB that webbed up for molt

9. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    My female didn't when she was smaller, but has for her last two molts. She tore apart the structure for the first one but remade it in the same location for the second and hasn't torn it down yet. A neat little hammock up off the floor of her enclosure.

10. Kitara

Kitara Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Mine made like a little pod and hasn't gone back in it since she molted. Now it is just a display case for the exuvia. She doesn't web nearly as much as other GBBs I have seen pictured. 20190626_082442.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

They are all different, even the same one may change how much it spins web.