Gbb molt sexing

Pokie11

Arachnosquire
It is 100% girl. The spermatheca is pretty obvious in these photos. I have always wanted to get one of these guys. Unfortunately, they are painfully expensive in my country.

DapperDan

Arachnopeon
It is 100% girl. The spermatheca is pretty obvious in these photos. I have always wanted to get one of these guys. Unfortunately, they are painfully expensive in my country.
I found someone here in classifieds that had a 2 1/2" speciemen unsexed. I was a bit skeptical cause of the size and how it could be sexed but looks like i got lucky. Only $45 so i thought it was a great deal! Thanks for helping me out. I can clearly see the flap in the pic after looking closely.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I found someone here in classifieds that had a 2 1/2" speciemen unsexed. I was a bit skeptical cause of the size and how it could be sexed but looks like i got lucky. Only $45 so i thought it was a great deal! Thanks for helping me out. I can clearly see the flap in the pic after looking closely.
Man, I'm not seeing the "flap" but then again, it's tough to see in those blurry/ gay out pics, no offense. Gbbs have a very distinct triangular spermathecae.

I find that if you shine a light through the molt, it becomes quite obvious:
20160813_095636.jpg

BTW, I sexed her at 1.5" using a microscope -so it can be done.

DapperDan

Arachnopeon
Man, I'm not seeing the "flap" but then again, it's tough to see in those blurry/ gay out pics, no offense. Gbbs have a very distinct triangular spermathecae.

View attachment 257895

Must be a problem on your end because the pictures are both crystal clear on my end.

DapperDan

Arachnopeon

View attachment 257895

Close up shot

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Couldn't be any more obviously female if it told me it loved me and then systematically went about destroying my life :troll:

Congratulations.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Must be a problem on your end because the pictures are both crystal clear on my end.
Crystal clear huh....o_O more like pixel clear... :troll:
crystal_clear.png
I guess I can see it in your second picture when I look closely... ok... fine, I'll say its a girl too. ;)

DapperDan

Arachnopeon
Crystal clear huh....o_O more like pixel clear... :troll:
View attachment 257937
I guess I can see it in your second picture when I look closely... ok... fine, I'll say its a girl too. ;)
Lol i didnt mean it to sound mean or anything
Its crazy how much detail and clarity i have in the actual picture compared to what you are showing me. Sadly there is no way for you to see it. Not saying my galaxy S7 has a superb camera but anyone who has one knows picture quality is nice and detailed if a close up pic is taken.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol i didnt mean it to sound mean or anything
Its crazy how much detail and clarity i have in the actual picture compared to what you are showing me. Sadly there is no way for you to see it. Not saying my galaxy S7 has a superb camera but anyone who has one knows picture quality is nice and detailed if a close up pic is taken.
If you have the molt still, try taking the picture with a flashlight/light source under the molt.

Also, I took the picture above with my samsung s7 through a magnifying glass (even as little as 2x). It changes the focal length so you can hold the phone camera closer and still focus.