GBB hoarding in its hide/cave

D

dudemanbro

Hello,

I'm a new tarantula keeper and decided to buy a GBB as my first tarantula a few months ago. I bought it as a tiny sling and have seen it molt twice now and it's been a amazing experience owning him/her.

I provided the GBB with a hide that I put into the corner of his enclosure. The hide is a fake animal skull with multiple openings so I can see the GBB when its inside. The GBB of course webbed the entire thing up but I can still see inside and he's been hoarding everything inside its hide.

I can see cricket legs, cricket carcasses, his old molted skin.. he just keeps them all in there and webs them up as well. I was told that tarantulas like to keep their hides clean and will bring out their own "trash" to another side of their enclosure but that doesn't seem to be the case with mine. Is there any reason to be worried? I can't reach inside it's hide to clean it without lifting it up and it would mess up all the webbing its done so far. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Campi95

Arachnosquire
Hello,

I'm a new tarantula keeper and decided to buy a GBB as my first tarantula a few months ago. I bought it as a tiny sling and have seen it molt twice now and it's been a amazing experience owning him/her.

I provided the GBB with a hide that I put into the corner of his enclosure. The hide is a fake animal skull with multiple openings so I can see the GBB when its inside. The GBB of course webbed the entire thing up but I can still see inside and he's been hoarding everything inside its hide.

I can see cricket legs, cricket carcasses, his old molted skin.. he just keeps them all in there and webs them up as well. I was told that tarantulas like to keep their hides clean and will bring out their own "trash" to another side of their enclosure but that doesn't seem to be the case with mine. Is there any reason to be worried? I can't reach inside it's hide to clean it without lifting it up and it would mess up all the webbing its done so far. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Hahahaha mine did that too. Let her be, no reason to worry. I think not disturbing her hide is the way to go.

spideraddict55

Arachnopeon
Hello, I would not worry about it as long as the crickets aren't part of a, ya know, larger, more "alive" cricket, lol. (Sorry for my poor sense of humor.) But as I was saying, as long as the prey is not alive, you should be fine, also if you can wait to rehouse the GBB, I would wait until then to remove the cricket parts. P.S. The last part is if it requires a rehouse, obviously don't do that if you don't need to, and if you can't wait till then make sure you keep your GBB in an adequate enclosure untill your done cleaning, being sure you don't stress the T to much.