GBB Generic Question

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi guys! How are you ?

I got a GBB since 1 year and a bit... I took her in Juvenile Stage

IMG_20171214_190930.jpg

After couple of months she was living between the bottom side and top side of the enclosure and web around all the left part of it....

IMG_20180606_124930.jpg

It was like 1 month and half that she was staying in the bottom left side of it without seeing her much, I tought she was in Premolt, but just since last month she came out and start to rebuild all her " DEN " ... she open the top side and web all around also the right side....
I tried to feed her but she does the " Threat " posture and seems not interesting in food, I left a worm inside once but I'm not sure she ate it... She use to eat quite a lot...

That last week picture

IMG_20181226_152122.jpg

That's today picture
IMG_20190115_211356.jpg

My question is , is she ok? should I leave the pray inside also if she does seems not interested at begin ? I left one worm few minutes next to them and she just avoid it...

I guess is " just " normal TARANTULA behaviour... but just good to check in here :D

Peace

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Hard to tell for sure, but the abdomen seems pretty chubby. I'm sure she's just not hungry at the moment. I would try again in another 1-2 weeks.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Every now and then Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens will move around, and choose different spots to be around. Two of mine did at least.

codicez

Arachnosquire
If she avoids prey she doesn't want to eat. It is literally that simple.
She looks healthy.
Yeah simple as that as long as it looks healthy and has water it should be fine just leave it a couple days and try again
Every now and then Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens will move around, and choose different spots to be around. Two of mine did at least.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah it was just weird to.see her avoid food and do the "Threat" posture when she normally has always been taking down the pray if she was outside ..

Here is she... Yeah I agree she looks "healthy"...
IMG_20190104_131524.jpg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It seemed to me, this happens more often when larger enclosure was provided to it.

codicez

Arachnosquire
It seemed to me, this happens more often when larger enclosure was provided to it.
Yeah was definetly larger enclosure for her size... I was just trying to understand how come she been in her den for a 1 almost 2 month,without basically doing nothing( Tought was in premolt) and then came out and start to rebuild it completly...

Tought was something related to " temperature " or " premolt " or boh... just checking :D

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Yeah was definetly larger enclosure for her size... I was just trying to understand how come she been in her den for a 1 almost 2 month,without basically doing nothing( Tought was in premolt) and then came out and start to rebuild it completly...

Tought was something related to " temperature " or " premolt " or boh... just checking :D
My male is very active right now, constantly climbing the sides and seems to prefer being up high right now.
He hid for months not too long ago for no reason, guess he just wanted time to ponder.

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi guys! First time I found her in this part of the enclosure.. It seems to me in Premolt due the spot on the abdomen? Is it correct?
She is webbing her enclosure like a crazy for the past month basically :eek:

IMG_20190222_002827.jpg

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Maybe she’s just really focused on interior designing and is trying to stay as focused as possible

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
@codicez, in answer to your question. Yes, she does appear to be in pre-molt, this would also explain her fasting. Mine looks and acts the same way 2-3 weeks before molting.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Mine looks almost the same. She also has a bald spot now, she is quite chubby and she stopped eating more than 2 months ago. I think she will molt soon (or perhaps when the temps go up again). I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just a spider in premolt.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it becomes abnormally skinny and not aproaching a moult and still not eat, then i would be worried, otherwise not!