GBB Enclosure

Julian Salsa

Arachnopeon
I've been thinking of adding a GBB to my collection but the part that's getting me is what size enclosure? The term semi-arboreal threw me off but now I'm confused on what the enclosure should be like such as how much substrate and what size. I was thinking at full grown a 12x12x12 exo terra would suit it nice, as a juvenile a 8x8x5 or so breeding box, and a basic terrestrial sling enclosure but I'm still not 100% sure what the inside should contain. Any help is appreciated. :)

quirinus

Arachnoknight
Hi, I'd give it a terrestrial-sized enclosure with arboreal setup. they don't burrow as far as i know (mine never does), so substrate deepness for aboreals is enough. Give it a lot of branches as anchor points and a hide, i took a corkpipe and the gbb uses it all the time. But there are also people who would recommend arboreal sized enclosures, but i think this would be an unnecessary fall risk.

Julian Salsa

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'd give it a terrestrial-sized enclosure with arboreal setup. they don't burrow as far as i know (mine never does), so substrate deepness for aboreals is enough. Give it a lot of branches as anchor points and a hide, i took a corkpipe and the gbb uses it all the time. But there are also people who would recommend arboreal sized enclosures, but i think this would be an unnecessary fall risk.
Thank you, and the sizes I listed are ideal right?

quirinus

Arachnoknight
yes i think so. at least 12x12x12 for adults i'd say

Last edited:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have 5 GBB slings. I keep them in 4x4x4 AMAC boxes that I bought on Amazon. These work perfectly, they are crystal clear and look nice.

DF3E740A-F7B4-4BC4-B28E-02C4012B261A.jpeg

The slings need a hide and items to act as attachment points for webbing. If they are happy and content, they will web...a lot.

1166E4C7-18EC-4A73-B37D-F1AAF3546EE5.jpeg

The AMAC box should suffice until they are 2.5” to about 3”...then they’ll be moved into their adult enclosure.

Your suggestion of an adult enclosure should be just fine.

You will enjoy keeping the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, they are fascinating spiders...seriously consider getting more than just one.

Last edited:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
You can tell how happy and content they are, by how much they web...

Lots of Webbing = Happy Spider

Weak or No Webbing = What's Wrong?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
You will be pleased.

One of my slings now has blue legs...I just noticed it this morning. Was not able to get a good image as the spider went down into its webbing out of sight, and wanted to be left alone...so I suspect if I dig around a bit, I'll find a moult.

They really are an amazing species.

88C1D53E-3ED1-4628-9A1D-AF17E65BF8AF.jpeg

This little guy climbs up onto the sides of the enclosure and waits to be fed

Julian Salsa

Arachnopeon
I have 5 GBB slings. I keep them in 4x4x4 AMAC boxes that I bought on Amazon. These work perfectly, they are crystal clear and look nice.

Do you have a link to these? Thanks for all the help everyone I've been looking to get one for a while now