Garter Snakes for food?

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone ever try these before? Would there be any reason not to? I am of course talking about baby ones. I just wanna see if maybe I can find something else to vary some of my larger scorpions diet every once in a while. I would also like to try something else for my Flat Rock which doesnt eat anything other thank pinkies and super worms.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by neveragain
Anyone ever try these before? Would there be any reason not to? I am of course talking about baby ones. I just wanna see if maybe I can find something else to vary some of my larger scorpions diet every once in a while. I would also like to try something else for my Flat Rock which doesnt eat anything other thank pinkies and super worms.
I, personally, wouldn't try it. Have you tried anoles or the small frogs you can often find at any given pet store?

N.

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Meh, I used to feed my rose hair cricket frogs. I think it's fine. I hear about people feeding emps anoles all the time. Just make sure you buy the food, rather than catching it. You don't want to feed your prized 8" emporer scorpion a garter snake that has spent the afternoon in some plants freshly coated in pesticide.

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was going to buy it. I wouldnt have any luck finding any near where I live anyway. I have also tried anoles. My flat rock ate part of one the first few days I had it. Now it wont touch them. The anole could sit on the flat rocks head, and the flat rock wouldnt do anything.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pet store anoles are also wild caught, so no real advantage to using them there.

Garter snakes are capable of releasing some very noxious musk. It's probably not harmful to the scorpion, but it might stink up the cage for awhile. Garter snake musk is reminicent of really bad B.O.

Wade

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A pal of mine catches garter snakes for his bigger Ts:

Last edited:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woah nice picture like the size comparison I'm supriesed the T will eat all of that...

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Malhavoc's
Woah nice picture like the size comparison I'm supriesed the T will eat all of that...
The T WON'T eat all of that, which makes it kind of a dumb thing to do. That's like feeding a black widow a pinky mouse... sure, it could kill it, but most of it will go to waste.