G.rosea

r_cafin

Arachnopeon
Well ive had my G.rosea for 3 weeks now and after the first week and a half it quit eating and i thought it was going to molt soon...but just today i saw it cleaning all its legs and jaws so i figured what the heck and bought it some crickets and lo and behold it ate him...just when you think you have them figured out they totally fool you...oh and i should add that the first week i had it or around that it ate almost 3 dozen crickets what a pig..i guess thats because the pet store starves them..they only feed them 3 crics every 2 days...poor things....

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I only feed mine 6-12 crix every week or week and a half, which makes them alot fatter than they would be in the wild.

-V

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No offense but I wouldnt consider 3 crix every 2 days starving them.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
3 crickets every two days is way more than I feed any of my taramtulas and every single one is very fat and happy. I think saying that is starving them isnt fair to the pet store.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hiya r,
My very first t (a rosie, I have 19 now), is now, and will forever be my most favorite. I bought her from a petshop, and she had a leaking back leg. I was told exactly how to do "tarantula surgery", but couldn't do it. I think so much of this t, that I was all ready and prepared to send her off to Golden Phoenix, so that Darrin could help her.She then stopped eating. Much to my surprise, I found a molt one day. She has a new back leg, albeit a tad scrawny, and eats 3 crickets a week.
She won't eat anymore than that. As for mice? Well now, let's just say that she can make a pinkie a fuzzie faster than I can blink.*G
As for the petshop starving her, I'd have to agree. I worked at a specialty petshop for close to a year, and that's exactly what they did. The owner felt it made them "peppier". I, on the other hand, felt otherwise. So, when I came in every morning to feed everyone, I got all the t's used to eating from tongs. I'd bring my feeder tongs from home (for my python), and feed them extra crickets. *g*
Gillian

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Hiya r,
As for the petshop starving her, I'd have to agree. I worked at a specialty petshop for close to a year, and that's exactly what they did. The owner felt it made them "peppier". I, on the other hand, felt otherwise. So, when I came in every morning to feed everyone, I got all the t's used to eating from tongs. I'd bring my feeder tongs from home (for my python), and feed them extra crickets. *g*
Gillian
Good for you, Gillian! :)

Joy