G. rosea sling fasting.

Michael Ortiz

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, it has been a while since I posted here on he boards. Always checking them though to see if anything catches my eye. Anyway. one of my T's is a G.rosea sling. I was just curious if anyone was familiar with these guys fasting at such a small size. I have a Aphonpelma seemanni that has been fasting for about 6 months now. She on the other had is almost a mature specimen. My other T's are eating molting machines it seems. Just wandring how hong some of you all have seen a sling if less that a inch and a half fast?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Hello everyone, it has been a while since I posted here on he boards. Always checking them though to see if anything catches my eye. Anyway. one of my T's is a G.rosea sling. I was just curious if anyone was familiar with these guys fasting at such a small size. I have a Aphonpelma seemanni that has been fasting for about 6 months now. She on the other had is almost a mature specimen. My other T's are eating molting machines it seems. Just wandring how hong some of you all have seen a sling if less that a inch and a half fast?
That's nothing to worry about, I had a 1.5'' G. pulchripes fast for 11 months almost going in for 1 year. So I wouldn't worry.

Michael Ortiz

Arachnopeon
Good lord!!! Not so much that I am worried, but it is a bummer to see my others T’s make her look like a statue that will never grow!! Lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good lord!!! Not so much that I am worried, but it is a bummer to see my others T’s make her look like a statue that will never grow!! Lol
I mean...

They are a G. rosea.
They ARE a statue that will never grow.
:rofl:

This hobby teaches you patience, if you hadn't realized that yet!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I've forgotten how long my rosie fasted now -- it was well over a year (probably actual fast time is posted somewhere on AB!).

I have learned to offer mine food only about every 6 weeks or so and she eats well then. I could probably go longer between feedings with this girl.
It may sound cruel to not feed her as often as all my other Ts, but I got tired of removing rejected feeders -- that gets old fast!
Most of the time I am only refilling water for her. She's got a nice fat rump and that's what I really go by with her (re: feeding frequency).