G. Rosea Refurb - Also hello everyone!

Eva

Arachnosquire
Hi All,
I didn't manage to flip the tank onto its side but i have added much more substrate and a new hide, the water dish is hidden from view in the corner.

She was in the hide at the time of this picture but was back out again this morning! at least she knows its there!

What do you think? :shy:
Still pretty tall.
Have you changed the screen?

Abbio

Arachnopeon
Still pretty tall.
Have you changed the screen?
No i haven't :banghead:

The substrate is 3 inches deeper than it was though, i just i had touched it in the first place tbh and shes not climbing anymore.

I'm just reluctant to keep making changes now, i may just leave it for a few months.

Eva

Arachnosquire
No i haven't :banghead:

The substrate is 3 inches deeper than it was though, i just i had touched it in the first place tbh and shes not climbing anymore.

I'm just reluctant to keep making changes now, i may just leave it for a few months.
I get the feeling you're reluctant to make changes because you got a nice expensive cage and you're secretly hoping you can get away with leaving it the way it is.

Truth is, millions of porteris live in cages too tall for them with screen tops and all and manage to survive... but the risk is there. It's not my place to tell you if you should or shouldn't take it.

Abbio

Arachnopeon
I get the feeling you're reluctant to make changes because you got a nice expensive cage and you're secretly hoping you can get away with leaving it the way it is.

Truth is, millions of porteris live in cages too tall for them with screen tops and all and manage to survive... but the risk is there. It's not my place to tell you if you should or shouldn't take it.
Not really i'm sure it was second hand also shes been in it 5 years almost 6 now its just that i don't want to change her out of it into a plastic tub, for my own aesthetic reasons i suppose.
Do you know where i can find the thread on how to convert these tanks? have you seen any video tutorials? i would like to see that first and then maybe after shes settled in a few weeks ( and after my hols ) i can sort a safer more permanent home.

Eva

Arachnosquire
Not really i'm sure it was second hand also shes been in it 5 years almost 6 now its just that i don't want to change her out of it into a plastic tub, for my own aesthetic reasons i suppose.
Do you know where i can find the thread on how to convert these tanks? have you seen any video tutorials? i would like to see that first and then maybe after shes settled in a few weeks ( and after my hols ) i can sort a safer more permanent home.
Google + "exo terra conversion" + 5 bleeding seconds =
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ex...rom-arboreal-to-terrestrial-pic-heavy.259864/