G Rosea mature?

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am looking for a MF G rosea and before everyone goes yellin to me that im in the wrong forum I actually have a question. Around what size does a G rosea female mature? jansenexotics has some 4-5" females for sale and I am pretty sure they would be mature but I figured I'd ask around first.

Also I have another question, I have a male G rosea that with his last molt got the hooks on the front legs, does this mean his is mature and ready to mate? or should I wait for him to make sperm webs before I breed him?

This is going to be my first T breeding experience and want to make sure everything is gonna go alright, don't wanna breed a male that can't deliver if ya know what I'm saying lol.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If he has hooks, than he is mature. Give him a few weeks, start by cleaning out the substrate of any webbing. Unless you watch him 24/7, it's unlikely that you will spot him while he's in the process of making a sperm web. With clean substrate, it's easier to spot the remain. After you've seen indication that in fact he has made sperm web, you can try introducing him to the female. Though, be aware, he will be shy at first. :eek:

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would think a 5" female rosea is mature and you are safe in buying this size. it is true that your male will be shy at first. Give him a good 4 to 6 weeks to get used to his new body. He'll have plenty of time ahead of that to mate. Good Luck.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
4" female g rosea are breedable. i've bred several 4"er's before. in the end, they may produce a smaller sac, but 4" is usually the maturing size for most G rosea.

-dan-

sonny_soniel

Arachnopeon
^based from what I understand, If the male is bigger; then he has a lower chance of getting eaten by the female... well, you know; the guy is bigger so he has more chances of overcoming the hungry female and escape.. :?

omni

Arachnobaron
My rosea molted to 4" in Sept. I've already paired her up and she's starting to look plump now :) The stud is fully 5" and can muscle her back, she can't stop him he has too much leverage on her, but he runs like hell when he lets go hehe

Last edited: