1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G. rosea in death curl, weird situation?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by DannyH, Jun 23, 2013.

1. DannyH

DannyH Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    So my G. rosea had 2 of her back legs curled under her an hour ago, out of alarm I checked if she was okay and she started walking around as usual. She has a full water dish and just ate a fat cricket yesterday, so I doubt shes dehydrated. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Kodi

Kodi Title Master

Unless all of her legs are curled and she's not being very responsive chances are she's perfectly fine.

3. Ziolizard

Ziolizard Arachnosquire

My MM G. pulchripes likes to curl up some of his legs from time to time. He's just old and tired. And likes to troll, apparently. He's still alive and well. =)

4. goodoldneon

goodoldneon Arachnoknight

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...

• Like Like x 1
  5. friendttyy

friendttyy Arachnolord

Teaching him how to breathe?Well i agree as long as it is responsive it is OK.

6. annabelle

annabelle Arachnosquire

Utah
    Don't panic! I see mine do that from time to time. I think it's just grooming, usually.
    It always startles me, though! hahaha

7. lancej

lancej Arachnolord

It was probably sleeping, until it was so rudely awakened! ;)
    Unless ALL of its legs are curled under at the same time, it's not a death curl - it is just doing what tarantulas do (like causing unnecessary panic in it's new owner!).