1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G rosea....fake molt or what

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by notadamnclue, Feb 25, 2012.

1. notadamnclue

notadamnclue Arachnopeon

ohio
    Advertisement
    MY male Grosea turned on his back and was spinning something like a cocoon.and was in this position for about 2 hours ..{i was thinking he was going to molt} .when i came back to check on him he was upright again do nothing like he always does ...what does this mean

2. mmfh

mmfh Arachnoknight

usa
    My first guess would be sperm web

3. Brad1980

Brad1980 Arachnosquire

He is gonna turn into a butterfly.... lol! (JK)
    Do you have any pictures? Is he a mature male?

4. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

Sounds like this. I haven't heard of a molting T spinning a web. In fact, I don't think they can.

Look for tibial hooks and "boxing gloves".

5. I'm sure it's a sperm web.

6. notadamnclue

notadamnclue Arachnopeon

ohio
    its a male and mature......( im guessing he is at least 5 years old) .the last few days he has tore up his home ......burrowing everywhere....even closed off his hide....climbing the walls alot .....but anyways thanks people...but if its a sperm web..do they get on there back to do that

7. mtyrrell

mtyrrell Arachnopeon

yes they get on there backs

8. HoboAustin

HoboAustin Arachnosquire

They lay a sperm web and crawl under it to collect the sperm for mating. My MM A.hentzi is always doing this...

9. Brad1980

Brad1980 Arachnosquire

Yes.
    I am sure if you use the search on this form you will find pictures of this.

10. notadamnclue

notadamnclue Arachnopeon

ohio
  11. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

find him a girlfriend soon... how long has he been doing this

12. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

He wants to make sweet love to some tarantulas spermathecae.

Like everyone else said, if you perform a basic search you will find information on a sperm web.

Here, try this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tarantula+sperm+webs although you will probably find better information on this site, it's a good starter.