G.rosea burried itself!!!

Thobby1982

Arachnopeon
I have a G.rosea that has a rock hide that I buried about halfway into the sub and then dug the sub out from inside so she could have a nice hidey hole. She was fine for about 2 months, in and out of her hide regularly and sometimes just sitting at the opening. She stopped eating about a month ago and has buried herself inside the hide. She completely covered the entrance to the hide, I tried peeking in on her by gently moving some of the sub so I could see in. But not only did she barracade the pile up sub out side the entrance she also pile it up inside the hide, I didnt move the sub on the insdie because I did not want to stress her. Any thoughts or personal epxperience advice would be much appreciated. And yes I know she is a G.rosea and they do strange things. I am just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Yes, that is "normal" behavior. I've had many spiders barricade themselves in for substantial amounts of time. Usually they do it when they're pre molt, from my experience.

Don't worry, it knows what it's doing and will come out when it's ready. Just keep the water dish full.